Boulder, CO • March 19, 2010—The Brewers Association, the not-for-profit trade group dedicated to promoting and protecting America’s small and independent brewers, is pleased to announce its 2010 board of directors.
Following member elections last fall, the Brewers Association seated the following new officers: Nick Matt of Matt Brewing Company as Chair; Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery as Vice Chair; and Mark Edelson of Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant as Secretary/Treasurer. Richard Doyle of Harpoon Brewery is Past Board Chair.
New members of the board are Chris P. Frey as an American Homebrewers Association designate; Chuck Skypeck, Boscos Brewing Company, as a brewpub designate; and Rob Tod, Allagash Brewing Company, as an at-large designate.
“I am delighted to work with leaders from across the craft brewing industry, along with the staff of the Brewers Association, to advance the Association’s strategic goals and help small and independent American brewers continue growing their market share,” said Nick Matt, chair. “It is exciting to see how the Brewers Association has developed over the past several years and it is an honor to play a leadership role in helping this organization continue to make progress in representing the interests of small brewers and the community of brewing enthusiasts.”
The Board provides strategic direction for the Brewers Association. With 31 full-time employees and additional independent contract staff, the Brewers Association serves 1,395 Brewery Members, 170 Wholesalers, 297 Allied Trade Members and 20,000+ American Homebrewers Association Members.
Following is a complete, alphabetical list of the Brewers Association board of directors and committee chairs.
Sam Calagione –Vice Chair
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Elysian Brewing Company
Richard Doyle – Past Chair
Mark Edelson –Secretary/Treasurer
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
Chris P. Frey – AHA Representative
Chris Graham –AHA Representative
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
CEO & Founder
New Belgium Brewing Company
Stone Brewing Co.
The Boston Beer Company
Nick Matt – Chair
Matt Brewing Company
Moon River Brewing Company
Boscos Brewing Company
Allagash Brewing Company
* AHA Governing – Chris P. Frey, AHA Representative
* Communications – Dick Cantwell, Elysian Brewing Company
* Events – Greg Koch, Stone Brewing Co.
* Executive – Nick Matt, Matt Brewing Company
* Finance – Mark Edelson, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
* Governance – Gary Fish, Deschutes Brewery
* Government Affairs – Sam Calagione, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
* Market Development Committee – Rob Tod, Allagash Brewing Company
* Pipeline Committee – Dick Cantwell, Elysian Brewing Company
* Public Relations & Marketing – Kim Jordan, New Belgium Brewing Company
* Technical – Ken Grossman, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.