(Woodlinville, WA) – Redhook Ale Brewery (NASDAQ: HOOK) has unveiled its latest limited release, handcrafted beer. Called 8-4-1 Expedition Ale, the American-Style Strong Brown Ale was developed by eight Redhook brewers working in four teams of two to create one beer. The ale reflects a compilation of each team’s individual recipes that were then carefully blended into one distinct beer. 8-4-1 is available for a limited time in 22 ounce bottles at select grocery stores and on draught nationwide.
“8-4-1 Expedition Ale is a great beer. Its combination of brown sugar and honey, paired with a variety of rich specialty and smoked malts before being aged for months with oak chips, give it a depth worth sipping next to the fire. Inspired by eight brewers working in four teams, 8-4-1 offers complex nuances to the traditional American-Style Strong Brown Ale that I am confident beer connoisseurs will appreciate.”
– Greg Deuhs, Redhook brewmaster
· 8-4-1 Expedition Ale is an American-Style Strong Brown Ale.
· The Ale offers complex flavor notes, delivering malty sweetness and medium bitterness with hints of smoked flavors and oak chips balanced by the addition of honey, brown sugar and candi sugar.
8-4-1 Expedition Ale Rundown:
· Brewed in a traditional American-Style Strong Brown Ale
· Alcohol by volume (ABV) of 9.5 percent
· 55 international bittering units (IBUs)
· Now available in select establishments nationwide
· Smoked gouda or aged cheddar