1. Before 9:30am, 200 people had lined up at Goose Island for a 10am release. That number obviously grew over the last hour (by the time this post went live).
2. Icarus and Bourbon County variation bottles are already sold out. There was only enough for the first 30 people or so in line. In order to get those bottles, you would have had to wait in line for around three hours.
3. According to the 14th person in line, six people cut in front of him over the course of nearly three hours. This means that whoever was originally 25th in line probably missed out on stuff like Icarus due to line cutting. It’s only a matter of time until someone busts out the pepper spray or gets punched out at one of these things if it hasn’t happened already.
4. The ‘per person’ bottle limit has been dropped to 2 for King Henry, showing that Goose Island was surprised by the number of people attending the release.
5. Should King Henry bottles sell out, there will be some available on shelves as early as next week and at a lower price point (presumably) than the $25 early bird price it is being sold at today.