The top 8 things to know about the Microbrewed Beer of the Month Club…
1) Why go with a “beer of the month” club as a gift instead of just buying beer off of the shelf? Read more here.
2) You have until December 20th to get those orders in. The beer won’t ship in time for Christmas though you need to get the orders in by that date if you want Mikkeller Hoppy Lovin’ Christmas or any of the other beers currently featured. See the list at the bottom of this post or learn more about currently featured Rare Beer Club beers.
3) Speaking of Mikkeller Hoppy Lovin’ Christmas, it turns out that this one has two names and is available as “Happy Lovin’ Christmas” in Europe. With that said, take a look at the reviews coming in for this beer on RateBeer. With a 93 score, it is one of the better IPAs available on the market.
4) The featured Rare Beer Club beers are virtually exclusive to club members. I’ve been told that The Shelton Brothers (importer for Mikkeller) only made 20 cases available to distributors outside of the club. Want to have a shot at trying this beer? You need to get in on the club ASAP.
5) Discounts! This month only, the Club is making available a $10 off code for gift orders. Normally these codes are only applicable to open-ended orders but, this month, you can use the $10 off code for a one-time gift. You can also use that code for multiple gift recipients.
BEERPULSE10 – $10 off ANY Beer Club Membership, Multiple Uses
BEERPULSE15 – $15 off ANY prepaid Beer Club Membership of 6 months or longer
BEERPULSE25 – $25 off ANY prepaid 12 month Beer Club Membership
6) Want to know the type of quality that you can expect from the Clubs in future months? If you’re interested in the Rare Beer Club, take a look at the company’s dedicated page right here on Beernews.org. Selections in just the last few months have included (but are not limited to): The Bruery, Jolly Pumpkin, Fantôme and Stillwater Ales.
7) The Rare Beer Club is a very flexible club. Each month, personal members have the opportunity to change up their order or skip that month altogether. Want 6 bottles instead of 2 or 2 instead of 6? No problem. Want to substitute in a past beer for one of the current selections? No problem (you will be provided a list of past beers still available). Bottom line, you’ll never get a beer you don’t want to get.
8- Last but not least, it’s a great way to support BeerPulse. When you guys place orders, these guys come back and support the site the next month with sponsorship. It’s win-win.