(Chicago, IL) – Want a rundown of what’s new and changing for Goose Island in 2012? Here you go. You can get most of this right on the freshly-minted schedule though I’m adding a few ‘insider’ notes.
No current plans to re-brew (though not necessarily retired forever):
So the Extreme Ales line is pretty much being abolished save for BCS and BCS variants.
- 312 Urban Wheat cans are coming in March.
- Nut Brown Ale will return year-round beginning in March with a new “Goose Island Classics” label. The beer will be available in 6pks, 1/6 bbl & 1/2 bbl kegs.
- Marisol Latin-style White Ale will be introduced in the Vintage Ales line but release date is TBA. The beer currently has label approval for 1/6 bbl & 1/2 bbl kegs. A 22 oz. bottle label with “2011″ on it also came through last year.
- Gillian will join the Vintage Reserve Ales line. Release TBA.
- Wheat Whiskey Bourbon County Stout. Release TBA.
More info on Gillian: Inspired by an amuse bouche often prepared by one of our Brewer’s wifes, Gillian brings white pepper, strawberry, and honey to a harmonious blend of “mouth amusement.” The ingredients are added at different stages to a Saison, and fermented with a normal Belgian yeast as well as a Champagne yeast. One of our favorite brews of the past year with many levels of complexity and character.
- Look for Sofie and Pere Jacques on draft year-round instead of only in certain seasons.
- Pepe Nero will no longer be available on draft.
- I’m told to expect more BCS & BCS variants and more of the wild ales (Lolita especially). I take this to mean more production. A few random beers not listed in the schedule are likely to trickle out as well.