(Yakima, WA) – Hopunion LLC of Yakima, WA, is pleased to announce the installation of a new, high capacity pellet mill. Beginning harvest 2012, all Hopunion hop pellets will be produced through the new pellet mill and available to ship earlier than ever before.
For more than 25 years, Hopunion has been dedicated to supplying the highest quality hops and hop products to craft brewers worldwide. We are committed to meeting the needs of artisan brewers and take great pride in growing the highest quality hops possible. Over the past two years, we have continued to develop our quality mission by introducing new processes and packaging procedures and we are excited to announce yet another expansion in our production capabilities.
With the addition of the new pellet mill, brewers will experience an array of benefits including earlier ship dates for the current crop year, increased consistency in pellet density and lower output temperatures for a higher quality hop pellet. Other benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Increased efficiency and production capacity resulting in earlier ship dates and a lower carbon footprint
- Increased die plate diameter allowing for faster throughput while maintaining a quality driven production pace
- Increased surface area and nitrogen flow for rapid cooling and optimum output temperatures
- Specially engineered die plate materials focusing on constant pressure extrusion and premium hop pellet production
- Unaltered, consistent pellet size and vegetative matter
Additionally, Hopunion will also be restructuring the 44# hop pellet packaging. Beginning fall 2012, 44# hop pellet purchases will be packaged as two 22# bags in the standard 44# box. By decreasing the size of the packaging, all Hopunion pellet products will sustain residual oxygen levels of less than 2%. With faster cooling temperatures and lower oxygen levels, brewers will experience the highest quality production and storage standards possible.
We are excited to offer these improvements for harvest 2012 and look forward to hearing your feedback. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of our production processes, please do not hesitate to contact your regional sales manager or a member of our knowledgeable staff. We appreciate your continued support of Hopunion and look forward to continually expanding our capabilities to better meet your brewing needs.