The Angry Orchard Cider House Collection is made with heirloom varietals that showcase complex flavors. After carefully experimenting with European apple blends, wood aging, and fermentation methods, this resulting collection is a balance of ingenuity and craftsmanship.
Our ciders are comparable to wine because we carefully selected a wine yeast that brings out our apples’ exceptional flavors. The terroir, (which loosely translates as “sense of place”), where our apples grow is unique to cider making the same way a vineyard is to winemaking. The Angry Orchard Cider House Collection blends Italian culinary apples from the foothills of the Northern Alps and French bittersweet apples from Normandy. This combination produces two rich, complex and wood- aged ciders that are finished in 750mL, corked bottles – perfect to share with a friend over dinner.
Angry Orchard® Iceman (10.0% ABV; $14.99 per bottle)
- · Inspired by the traditional ice ciders of Quebec, Angry Orchard Iceman combines crisp apples with notes of caramel and toffee for a cider that’s sweet but not syrupy or cloying. Aging the cider on oak adds a smooth, vanilla character.
- · Iceman is medium-bodied, leaving a smooth finish with rich flavor and lingering sweetness on the palate.
- · Pairing suggestion: This well-balanced cider pairs best with the sweet flavors in pork and enhances the tender, delicate flavors in foie gras. Its earthy finish compliments sharp cheeses while its caramel and toffee notes enhance sweet, savory and buttery desserts.
Angry Orchard® Strawman (10.0% ABV; $14.99 per bottle)
- · Angry Orchard Strawman’s ripe apple, vanilla and honeysuckle flavors impart an earthy character complimented by a distinct aroma of ripe apples, wood, dark fruits and sweet citrus.
- · Inspired by centuries-old farmhouse cider making techniques traditionally found along the English and French countryside, Strawman balances a distinct blend of culinary and bittersweet apples juices which are then aged on oak.
- · Strawman’s wine-like characteristics leave a smooth, fruity and effervescent finish with lingering notes of wood and apple that are crisp off the palate, refreshing and flavorful.
- · Pairing suggestion: Notes of caramel, toffee and vanilla give Angry Orchard Strawman a unique sweetness that matches up well to rich meats like pork and desserts like cheesecake. Its smooth, crisp taste also makes it an exceptional seafood pairing.
The Angry Orchard Cider House Collection will be available year-round starting September 1, 2012 in the select states of MA, CT, RI, VT, MN, OR, WA and CA.