(Placentia, CA) – More news from The Bruery today…
First, a copy of what was sent out today to existing Reserve Society members:
Dear Reserve Society member,
The year is not quite through and we still have some major releases coming your way, but it’s already time to start thinking about 2013!
Between today, September 28th, 2012 and Wednesday, October 24th, 2012, you have the exclusive opportunity to sign up for the 2013 Reserve Society and you are GUARANTEED a space in our membership during this period.
On October 25th, sales for 2013 will open up to the public, at which point, we can no longer guarantee your spot.
We are VERY excited for some of the beers that 2013 will be bringing such as “Bois” aged in several types of oak barrels, Kumquat Sour in the Rye, a barrel aged English-style barleywine with Portola coffee, a barrel aged apricot strong ale, and the first ever bottling of Cherry Oude Tart. All of these beers will be EXCLUSIVE to the Reserve Society, plus more!
For those who live in California, we will also be able to ship beer within the state beginning in 2013 at an additional cost, we think this will be a great opportunity for those who rarely get a chance to visit our brewery. If you would like to have the beers that are included with the membership shipped to you, we will sell a “shipping package” for the included beers in January, once the system is setup to handle that request. From then on, each allocation will have it’s own shipping option when you purchase the beer.
Full details on the membership, including a list of likely beers, is available on the webstore at http://society.thebruery.com so head on over and renew today!
Below, some additional info that was sent out about a month ago.
2013 Reserve Society & The Preservation Society
Dear Reserve Society Members,
There is still plenty of fun to be had and beers to be enjoyed in 2012, but we have heard quite a few requests for information about next year, so we would like to release details about the 2013 Reserve Society and our new Preservation Society.
The Reserve Society won’t be going on sale until October 1st, and the Preservation Society until January 2nd, but if you’re deciding whether you’d like to continue being in the Reserve Society or go with another option, hopefully these details will help you in making your decision.
2013 Reserve Society: Membership will remain at $295 and will start January 1, 2013 and end December 31, 2013.
Membership into the 2013 Reserve Society includes the following bottles, available after their release date (except for initial package offerings):
– 1 bottle of Melange #3 (Initial Package, January pickup)
– 1 bottle of White Chocolate (Initial Package, January pickup)
– 1 bottle of Otiose (Initial Package, January pickup)
– 1 bottle of Chocolate Rain (Available in March)
– 2 bottles of Black Tuesday (Available in late October)
– 2 bottles Barrel Aged 5 Golden Rings (Available in December)
– 1 bottle of Mystery Beer #1 (Mystery Release Date)
– 1 bottle of Mystery Beer #2 (Mystery Release Date)
– 1 piece of high quality merchandise
– Guaranteed access to many releases throughout the year
– 15% off: Allocations, other purchases through The Bruery website, purchases at the Tasting Room, and when purchasing Bruery beer at The Bruery Provisions
– Access to special growler fills, special flights, and Reserve Society events
– First right of refusal to join 2014 Reserve Society
– Shipping within California (at an extra cost)
Anticipated Releases for 2013**:
– Sour in the Rye
– Chocolate Rain*
– White Oak
– Sans Pagaie
– Bois Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels*
– Bois Aged in Brandy Barrels*
– Bois Aged in new American Oak Barrels #4 Toast*
– Kumquat Sour In The Rye*
– Barrel Aged English Barleywine with Portola Coffee* (Name pending)
– Blueberry Sour* (Name pending)
– Mystery Beer #1
– Mystery Beer #2
– Tart of Darkness
– White Chocolate
– Barrel Aged Apricot Strong Ale* (Name pending)
– Bourbon Barrel Aged Smoking Wood
– Cherry Oude Tart*
– Oude Tart
– Black Tuesday
– Grey Monday*
– Melange #1
– Bourbon Barrel Aged Autumn Maple
– Melange #3
– Barrel Aged 5 Golden Rings*
– Smoking Wood – Rye Barrel Aged
– Approximately 8 very exciting Provisions Series releases
* = Exclusive (Reserve & Hoarders Society Only, not included in Preservation Society membership or to general release)
** = Subject to change
Barrel aged beers tell us when they are ready, so keep in mind any stated release dates are estimates only.
You must be 21 years or older to be in the Reserve Society. All pick-up purchases take place in Placentia, California, thus CA (Placentia area) sales tax will be applied to all orders at a rate of 7.75%. All shipping orders will be taxed at the shipping address rate.
Please note that we will not be able to ship outside of California. If you are outside of California, please designate a trustee who is over 21 years of age to pick-up or receive shipment of your beers.
Starting on January 2, 2013, we’ll be accepting memberships into the Preservation Society. This is the perfect membership for those who want to be guaranteed a bottle of our more limited releases, and the convenience of shipment to your doorstep within California. It also makes a great gift for an aspiring beer afficianado.
This membership is billed quarterly and includes 3 of our limited release bottles per quarter, but will not include any of the ‘exclusive’ beers listed above. The cost per quarter varies on the beers included in the membership, but generally it’ll be in the $50-60 range. Members receive a 10% discount on every quarterly release, and have access to purchasing additional bottles of some releases through our website, Provisions and the Tasting Room, however, the 10% discount applies only on the quarterly shipments and does not include additional beer purchased through the website, Tasting Room or Provisions.
Members may join or cancel throughout the year, however there will be a limit to the number of members we can accept. Members will also have priority in joining the 2014 Reserve Society. We’ll be releasing more details as we get closer to the new year.
We hope you continue to enjoy your 2012 membership and that we’ll have you along as we continue to brew and grow in 2013!
Your Friends at The Bruery