The Rare Beer Club returns this month with a new batch of rare, limited and exclusive beers to check out. Last month’s super highlight, Sudwerk Fünke Hop Farm Dry-Hopped Sour Saison (averaging a dazzling 4.15/5 in early RateBeer reviews), is still available for a limited time. This one will sell out soon.
Joining that beer and last month’s other selection, Slaapmutske Floss, are two new April selections: Fulton War & Peace (RB 98) and La Trappe Bockbier (RB 94).
Some things to consider/know before ordering….
1) Use a BeerPulse discount
BEERPULSE10 – $10 off ANY Beer Club Membership (2-month minimum)
BEERPULSE15 – $15 off ANY prepaid Beer Club Membership of 6 months or longer
BEERPULSE25 – $25 off ANY prepaid 12 month Beer Club Membership
According to Fulton Beer’s website, War & Peace is a Russian Imperial Stout conditioned with whole bean Peace Coffee in the fermentation tank. Historic quantities of chocolate malt and roast barley clash over a field of dark roast Peace Coffee beans. Per RBC, this beer had very limited distribution in Minnesota and a section of North Dakota. Fewer than 425 cases and 500 cases went into distribution respectively in 2014 and 2015.
Per The Rare Beer Club website, this is the first time that La Trappe Bockbier has been released in 750s since 2007. The Beer Club will be getting the majority of all bottles brought into the US (approx. 70%) and members should get it at least two weeks before being available anywhere else. Prior to this release, this has only been in kegs on a limited seasonal basis for the last three years and only sold to six states in the last six months. The last time it was available in the USA, it was under the Koningshoeven label.
To get these beers, please place your order on or before April 15th. They will ship a couple weeks after.
3) Don’t like this month’s featured beers? Substitute in other beers
For your first shipment, you will receive the above two beers unless you specify otherwise. You may call and ask for one of the beers that they still have on the floor and substitute it into your first shipment. Just make sure to do so right after you place your order.
Beginning with the second month, you’ll automatically be enrolled in the Personalized Shipment Program™ which ensures that as a personal member of The Rare Beer Club™ you’ll receive only the beers you want to get. (Also available to gift recipients upon request.) Each month prior to receiving your shipment, you will be sent an email detailing the two upcoming beer selections and given the ability customize what you will receive. You can:
-Add more bottles of either or both of the upcoming featured beers
-Add more of your favorite past selections
-Replace one or both of the featured beers with your favorite past selections
-Choose not to receive one of the featured beers
-Skip the entire shipment altogether
-You’re in complete control of what you receive every month and can rest easy knowing you’ll never get a beer you didn’t want to get. No other beer club offers that kind of flexibility.
4) Beers available to substitute in:
RB = RateBeer Score
1) Sudwerk Brewing Co. Funke Hop Farm Dry-Hopped Sour Saison – RBC Exclusive – NEW!
2) Fulton Brewing Company War and Peace – RB 98
3) Bierbrouwerij De Koningshoeven La Trappe Bockbier – RB 94
4) Saint Somewhere Brewing Co. 10% Lectio Divina – RBC Exclusive – NEW!
5) Slaapmutske FLOSS
6) Les Trois Mousquetaires Signature Series Maibock – RBC Exclusive
Beers Available through special offers to members only – Could be substituted for first shipment at a $4.50/bottle surcharge.
1) Mikkeller Frelser Triple Bock – RB 98
2) Epic Epicurean Coffee & Fig Imperial Oatmeal Stout – RB 97
3) Kerkom Reuss Belgian Pale ale/Lambic blended Sour Wild Ale – RB 89
4) Brasserie du Flo Cuvée St-Antoine Belgian Farmhouse Strong Dark Ale
5) How many bottles can I order?
You can order a no-obligation membership or a prepaid membership. There is no cancellation fee. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed. There are three different membership levels:
Platinum – (6) – 750 ml. bottles each month, three bottles of two different beers. $69.95 plus $19.00 S&H per month.
Gold – (4) – 750 ml. bottles each month, two bottles of two different beers. $52.95 plus $16.00 S&H per month.
Silver – (2) – 750 ml. bottles each month, one bottle of two different beers. $32.95 plus $14.00 S&H per month.
The beer will arrive at your address approximately 2-3 weeks after the 15th-of-the-month deadline passes.
6) Give as a gift
– Choose from 4 unique beer club membership types to meet your budget and suit all palates.
– Send anywhere from 2 to 12 shipments, sending every month, every other month, quarterly or on specific months you choose and your thoughtfulness will be remembered long after the first shipment arrives.
– Use our Design Your Own Club™ program to combine our four beer clubs into a single membership or combine a beer club membership with any of our other 5 monthly clubs.
– Order easily online or toll free in minutes.
– Print out or email a customized gift announcement now or on the date you choose. No gift wrapping or waiting in line ship your gift.
– Best of all, rest easy knowing that we’re going to make you stand out by shipping an assortment of expertly selected, hard-to-find craft beers throughout the duration of your gift.
7) Social Media Updates