(New York, NY) – Jameson® Irish whiskey announces today the next phase of the Jameson Drinking Buddies program, highlighting distinct craft beer collaborations with American breweries. Continuing on last year’s successful collaboration with KelSo Beer Company of Brooklyn, Jameson is partnering with five local breweries from across the US who exemplify devotion to the spirit of their neighborhoods and share Jameson’s passion for craft & quality in the beer they produce.
The five breweries from across the US include – Angel City Brewery in Los Angeles, Captain Lawrence Brewing Company in New York, Deep Ellum Brewing Company in Dallas, Great Divide Brewing Company in Denver, and Hilliard’s Beer in Seattle. Jameson invited each brewery to the distillery in Ireland, and then sent them home with Jameson Whiskey barrels to create a limited edition beer inspired by both their experience in Ireland, and their own unique neighborhood.
Showcased in a video series, being released over the coming weeks on JamesonNeighborhood.com, is the story of each partner brewery in the Drinking Buddies program. From visiting the Jameson distillery in Ireland, to becoming buddies with the whiskey distillers, the series sheds light on each brewer’s Drinking Buddies experience. Following the distillery visit, the brewers returned home to their neighborhood breweries with Jameson barrels, where the episodes chronicle the beers they ultimately brewed.
“The breweries involved share Jameson’s passion for craftsmanship, quality, and creativity,” said Sona Bajaria, Director, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Pernod Ricard USA. “With the creation of these locally brewed Jameson-inspired beers, our goal is to pay homage to the spirit of each brewery’s neighborhood.”
|Angel City Brewery||Imperial Irish Ale||– Color – Rich mahogany-hue
– Aroma – Ripe fig and toffee notes
– Flavor – Light vanilla, molasses, black cherries and a distinct peppery finish. The beer has an indulgent, yet subtle sweetness, full body, and warming linger.
– ABV – 15.0%
|Captain Lawrence Brewing Company||Trans-Atlantic Red||– Color – Deep auburn with highlights of red
– Aroma – Rich and malty, with hints of chocolate and citrus fruit
– Flavor – Deep and rich, with a big malt backbone, chocolate and coffee flavors and restrained hop character. The Jameson barrels lend a layer of complexity that is highlighted by vanilla and toasted oak.
– ABV – 7.0%
|Deep Ellum Brewing Company||Local Legend – Jameson Edition||– Color – Deep black
– Aroma – Notes of vanilla and caramel, hints of licorice
– Flavor – Rich mouthfeel from the flaked barley, notes of dark chocolate and roasted grains as well as an uncommon smoothness.
– ABV – 6.0%
|Great Divide Brewing Company||The Smoothness||– Color – Dark
– Aroma –Whiskey notes, chocolate, oak and leather
– Flavor – Dark, smooth lager that has a velvet/silky mouth feel that accentuates roasted malt, vanilla and oak. It has a medium malt backbone that makes for a very balanced quaffable lager that highlights the characteristics of the Jameson barrels.
– ABV – 8.5%
|Hilliard’s Beer||Jameson Whiskey Barrel Sour||– Color – Chestnut
– Aroma – Citrus, spiced wood, and a light sweetness
– Flavor – Kettle-soured Saison with tart, lemony notes from the Belgian yeast and lactobacillus. Flavors of caramel, vanilla and charred oak imparted by the barrels.
– ABV – 5.5%
For more information on these unique collaborations, videos detailing the partnerships and tasting notes on the five specialty beers, please visit https://www.jamesonneighborhood.com.
JAMESON® Irish Whiskey. 40% Alc./Vol. (80 Proof). Product of Ireland.©2015 Imported by John Jameson Important Company, Purchase, NY
About Pernod Ricard USA®
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S., and the largest subsidiary of Paris, France-based Pernod Ricard SA, which employs a workforce of nearly 19,000 people worldwide and is listed on the NYSE Euronext exchange (Ticker: RI).
The company’s leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as Absolut® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, Plymouth™ Gin, Seagram’s Extra Dry Gin®, Martell® Cognac, Hiram Walker® Liqueurs, Pernod®, Ricard® and Avión™ Tequila; such superior wines as Jacob’s Creek®, Kenwood® Vineyards and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines.
Pernod Ricard USA is based in New York, New York, and has roughly 850 employees across the country. Pernod Ricard USA urges all adults to consume its products responsibly and has an active campaign to promote responsible drinking. For more information on this, please visit: www.acceptresponsibility.org