(Chico, CA) – High Water Brewing is pleased to announce the release of our Petit Saison Fall Ale, the first in a series of barrel aged Petit Saisons. Each Saison will focus on flavors reflective of the season the beer was produced in. The beers are aged in used wine barrels and finished with a light dry hopping. Each release will be fermented with different strains of yeast as well as varying malts from our great friends at Mecca Grade Estate Malts in Madras, Oregon. As an added twist, small amounts of Brettanomyces and Lactobacillus were added during the barrel aging to produce complex layers of flavor and aroma and a dry finish.
Petit Saison Fall Ale pours a light golden color and has fruity citrus notes which are complemented by the Lemondrop hop used in the dry hopping. The white wine barrels lend soft notes of oak and vanilla to the finish. Fresh blueberries, from Lodi California, were added to a few of the barrels, to provide a subtle nuance to the beer. “These are the style of beers that I really love to drink and enjoy year round, they are extremely food friendly and just make me smile” said Brewmaster Steve Altimari.
* Name: High Water Brewing Barrel Aged Petit Saison Fall Ale
* Stats: 4.5% ABV, 8 IBUs
* Availability: 500ml bottles and 5 gallon kegs starting in October 2017 for Fall Ale, December 2017 for Winter Ale, all four seasonal will be released in 2018.
* Featured Hops: Styrian Goldings and Lemondrop
* Appearance: Light golden with slight haze.
* Aroma: Bright, refreshing hints of lemon and citrus
* Taste: Crisp and bright fruit and citrus flavors up front with a dry and refreshing finish.
* Food Pairing: Earthy and savory dishes will pair well, funky cheese or even a spicy dish will be heightened by the slightly acidic finish of the beer.
Available in 500 ml bottles and 5.16 gal kegs