The new line of craft beer will be available in Chicagoland restaurants and bars and retail locations
Plainfield, IL — Nevin’s Brewing Company, 12337 South Route 59, Plainfield, is rebranding its brewery, Nevin’s Draft Co. and launching a new signature craft beer brand, Midnight Pig, which will be distributed across the Chicago-land area. In a nod to the prohibition era, the name “Midnight Pig,” inspired by speak easies, bootleggers and moonshiners, credits the “pig,” which was a vessel used to carry alcohol surreptitiously during this time. Honoring its namesake, Midnight Pig will launch nationally online, in bars and restaurants across the Chicagoland area, various retail locations on National Repeal Day, Tuesday, December 5. The Midnight Pig brand will introduce the following new beers:
· Apocalyptinator: Nevin’s Brewing Company’s 2016 Great American Beer Fest medal winner is a German-style Dopplebock with a big blast of caramel, chocolate and toasted toffee.
· Hook & Hatchet: Nevin’s Brewing Company’s interpretation of a Vienna-style lager in which a variety of high kilned, crystal and roasted malts are used to produce this copper hued, pretzely, malty, with a hint of caramel, brew.
· Shamefaced: Nevin’s Brewing Company’s pilsner is brewed with 100% German pilsner malt along with Mandarina Bavaria hops. Their take on the pilsner is that it should feature the flavors and aromatics of the hop with very little bitterness. Mandarina Bavaria hops add a fresh, crisp orange citrus note that makes this beer highly drinkable and delicious.
· Snitches get Stitches: Nevin’s Brewing Company teamed up with good friends in the Spent Grain Society homebrew club to brew this delicious Robust Porter. Chocolate, roast, and a hint of dark caramel make this beer amazing.
· Tumultuous: Nevin’s Brewing Company’s double dry hopped Imperial IPA with copious amounts of Centennial, Cascade, Chinook & Styrian Wolfe hops. Look for aromatics of pineapple, citrus and pine followed by a full bodied and well balanced drinking experience.
· Pinched: An IPA stuffed with a ton of hops. Toasted malty notes balance out the tremendous citrus and piney aromatics, but not overbearing on bitterness.
“With Midnight Pig, we are celebrating the history of brewing by acknowledging it’s infamous past; a lurid cast of characters and tales narrated from moonlit roads, back alleys, and speakeasies. This renowned era arose from the ingenuity of a few. Indeed, we’re talking about the innovators and the innovations that sowed the seeds for this notorious time—from inventive recipes to brewing techniques, packaging ideas, and reimagined transport move goods quickly,” said Ed Carrella, CEO of Sonas Hospitality. “It’s in this same spirit of determined ingenuity and innovation that we find our source of inspiration. We love the process of creating something new, and better yet, doing it sustainably. It drives our noble purpose. It’s about creating something seriously great, without taking ourselves too seriously, because what we do best should speak on its own.”
All retail packaging details flavor notes including unique malts and hops used to brew each beer, as well as a variety of suggested food pairings. Midnight Pig will be served at Nevin’s Brewing Co., along with a handful of Chicagoland restaurants and bars including Pete Miller’s Naperville, Pete Miller’s Evanston, The Kerry Piper, Muldoon’s and more. Midnight Pig will also be available for purchase at local retailers such as Binny’s, Malloy’s Finest Wines and Sprits, and Beer on the Wall.
Nevin’s Brewing Company and Midnight Pig pride themselves on giving back to the planet through sustainable brewing processes. Instead of simply discarding used or “spent” grain, Nevin’s Brewing Company delivers the grain to local farmers to use as feed for livestock and compost to enrich the soil for vegetables. They then, in turn, purchase this well-fed livestock and nutrient-rich vegetables to make their steaks, burgers, salads, side dishes other menu items at Nevin’s Brewing Company, to provide guests with sustainable and local dishes.
For more information about Midnight Pig and a full list of retail locations, please visit www.midnightpig.co or follow the brand on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
About Sonas Hospitality
Created by Arcadian Partners, Sonas Hospitality Co. is the overarching management and operations company of several restaurant brands, including Nevin’s Brewing Company, Pete Miller’s Steakhouse, The Kerry Piper and Muldoon’s Irish Pub. For more information, visit www.sonashospitality.com.